Data scientist with specialization in NLP, MSc. Statistics. I work at Health Canada modernizing health and safety regulation.
Data Scientist @ Health Canada, 2020 to present
Data Scientist @ Statistics Canada, 2019 to 2020
Data Scientist @ Cheetah Networks, 2019
Data Scientist @ Advanced Symbolics, 2018
Calculus Teaching Assistant, University of Ottawa, 2017
- 5 years of experience writing Python data science code.
- I have used R both professionally and academically for data analysis.
- My master’s thesis was on the mathematical foundation of generative adversarial networks.
- I was supervised by Maia Fraser and Vadim Kaimanovich at the University of Ottawa in Canada.
- I am familiar with the Linux shell and various tools such as Docker.
- I have some experience with HTML, CSS and Plotly’s Dash for making data dashboard.
- MSc Statistics from University of Ottawa
- Masters in mathematics with a specialization in statistics.
- Courses: information theory, computational statistics, financial mathematics, data mining.
- BSc Statistics from University of Ottawa
- Major: statistics, minor: psychology.
- Courses: probability, linear algebra, statistical learning theory, regression, object oriented programming.
Awards and Scholarships
Swartzen Memorial Scholarship, 2018 For academic excellence at the graduate level.
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program, 2014 Award granted for research in NLP.